CEHE’s Philanthropic Vision
Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) was founded in 2006 with the mission to promote excellence in higher education. The founders of CEHE believed that an educated citizenry is required to effectively defend the existence of a free society governed by the rule of law and constitutionally limited government.
To expand its mission, in 2012 CEHE acquired a group of private colleges. Consistent with the core mission of CEHE, those colleges embody a student-centered approach which focused on student achievement and life success that challenges the prevailing model of higher education focused on faculty and administration. CEHE’s philanthropic activities are guided by its values and virtues which include reason, rational thought, purpose, honesty, justice, independence, integrity, and moral ambitiousness.
CEHE periodically makes grants and donations to organizations, selected university programs, and individuals that apply our guiding values and virtues in ways such as the following:
- Developing curriculum for schools or universities or for online courses;
- Advocating for policies consistent with individual rights and free enterprise;
- Promoting the virtue of business and free markets;
- Educating citizens on the morality of business.
Examples of Organizations that Received Grants from CEHE
- The Adam Smith Institute
- Duke University
- CATO Institute
- Clemson University Lyceum Scholars Program
- Colorado Civil Justice League
- Wake Forest Eudaimonia Institute
- Bill of Rights Institute
- University of Maryland